Chalkboard background

Followers

Sunday, February 12, 2012

3 Month old drool and Not so Terrible Two's!!



I am officially back to my blog..woohoo! I feel so bad for neglecting this precious space that allows me the opportunity to fill you all in on the little quirks and stumbles in our daily life! It has been a roller coaster of events since bringing home baby Grady. First, Thanksgiving and then Christmas with two kiddos! I had no ideas what to get little man...I definitely didn't want him to look back at pictures when he is older and see that big sister was pleasantly spoiled by Santa while he was only given meager offerings, so we got a little anxiousand bought too much stuff that I ended up opening by myself because as you can see little man slept right through Christmas!!!



But I felt better knowing that he if were awake he would have been spoiled just as much as Kinsey! Whom by the way had a great Christmas... and it was so much fun watching her open all of her gifts with such a big smile on her face!! It made the whole morning just perfect in every way possible.
She was so excited to see that her Santee (as she calls him) came to see her. Such a special moment for our little family:)


After Christmas, it seems like we were hit with the sickness bug full force and we are still not completely out of the water, but much better than we were! Grady ended up in the hospital for two days in January for dehydration and ear infection. I am pretty sure those two days have been the worst experience of my motherhood so far! I hated seeing him hooked up to an iv and just laying there sick and miserable, but prayer and the healing hands of our Lord brought him back to normal and healed him quickly. The next week, our precious Kinsey came down with her first ear infection ever and it just happened to hit both ears at the same time. It was awful!!! I now realize that once one kiddo gets better, almost immediately the second one will start to feel awful! It is just a part of having two babies in this beautifully confusing TEXAS weather. We were pretty much healthy coming into February until Miss Kinsey caught a stomach bug...luckily though it only lasted for 24 hours!! But now Mr. Grady is under the weather again.. not sure if it is just early teething because he is drooling uncontrollably or a bug! But last night was one of those nights that you remember when the sun set and were still awake when it came up again in the morning:) Crossing my fingers that maybe today will be better... it is so hard to see your babies hurting as any mother knows!
On a happier yet bittersweet note, Kinsey is fixing to turn two! Really? Did I just say that? Yep...it's true our little beauty is fixing to be two years old and in a way it is exciting but at the same time I want to SLOW down time!!! This year she is having a strawberry shortcake birthday party because it is safe to say that Strawberry Shortcake is her cartoon hero at this moment!! We pretty much watch Strawberry every day in the car and every morning on the HUB channel! I must say I have been busy making decorations and planning her party even though it is not until the end of March! I love planning special parties for my kids... it makes me feel happy to spend my time creating memories that I know they will cherish forever.
It might sound like this post has been nothing but a big girl whining session but do not be confused by my antics. I will admit that 2012 has started off rough and emotionally taxing, but we are grateful that we serve a God who delivers from each and every struggle we encounter. We are blessed to have our two children who keep us on our toes and thankful for the small moments like watching cartoons in bed and eating ice cream together. It is special moments like these that make up for all the craziness and insanity in the our lives. We may not have everything we want, but Kinsey and Grady are definitely more than we will ever need! I wish you all a super happy Valentine's full of love and time spent with those who mean the most!! Until next time, PEACE, LOVE and the REESE'S!

No comments:

Post a Comment